Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Welcome to Dante's Delight!

Many years ago I volunteered service in Haifa, Israel. In the midst of my service at the Baha'i World Centre, I found my true passion. One beautiful day, in a city formed of beauty and ruins called Akko, a group of my friends decided to enjoy a dinner on a rooftop overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. At sunset, the ocean turned dark purple with bright pink rays gliding over the water. As incomparable as that sunset was to anything I had ever seen, I looked at my friends, who came from around the world to be here, and realized how beautiful they are. The food that brought us together that night brought me clarity. It made me happy to see people from different backgrounds eating the same food in unity and with unforgettable smiles. And in being there for the same purpose, I came to the conclusion that making food for others made me happy, thus my working in the food industry and my creation of this new blog! I often try to remind myself, and hope that this might stick with you, that to appreciate food is to enjoy delicate meals in its simplest form.

No comments:

Post a Comment